Global Meeting point: styleturkish.com
Can an internet portal change the ways of foreign trade in Turkey’s textile industry for the benefit of the businesses based in disadvantageous regions? This article attempts to tell the story before and after such a portal was set up with UNDP’s contributions.
Turkish Fashion Industry had been producing for global brands before the styleturkish.com, as an international supplier; it had been able to brand itself abroad through its own collections and had been able to make exports amounts more than 15 billion dollars annually.
The sector has succeeded in being the locomotive of Turkey in exports since the beginning of the 80’s both in manufacture and in exportations and in a sense, it has been evaluated as the sector that had thought the foreign trade to Turkish industrialists. As for the 2000’s, mission of the sector had been started to be defined as fashion and as brand.
- Styleturkish.com, which brings more than 9.000 export companies together with more than 800.000 supplier and purchasing offices worldwide, has been made available for the use of Turkish fashion industry.
- Styleturkish.com would become a reference commerce portal before long through its efforts for becoming a member for the portal.
Turkey, which is a production giant in ready to wear clothing and garments sector with its established capacity and with the employment it provides, is trying to set out a new form for the future of the industry by bringing its production power with the fashion and the brand through the attack it had put forward in recent years.
Although there still is a path today that has to be progressed on, it should be accepted that the Turkish Fashion Industry has now maintained certain standards in areas of quality, design and marketing. However, there are new trends that have to be followed and new requirements that are emerging constantly in a globalized world.
While on one hand, globalising world, sharpening competition and complicated relationships are might be seen discouraging by some, on the other hand, new instruments are making life easier for many people by creating opportunities for them, which they could not have had in the past.
The importance of Styleturkish.com emerges just at this point. Association of Ready to Wear Clothing and Garment Exporters of Istanbul (IHKIB) has set up the styleturkish.com portal within the scope of the joint programme, “Harnessing Sustainable Linkages for SMEs in Turkey's Textile Sector”, which is implemented by the UNDP with the support of Istanbul Development Agency. The results of the analysis and training activities that had been performed in four pilot cities located at poorer Eastern part of Turkey have manifested the importance of the portal clearly.
styleturkish.com, which brings more than 9.000 export companies together with more than 800.000 suppliers and purchasing offices worldwide, has been made available for the use of Turkish fashion industry. Ready to wear clothing and garment companies, which had been gathered around at different regions of the country, have had the possibility of directly reaching out to the world markets and have had the access to the information and communication services outside of the trading as well, during the short period of time.
The sector, which had very important gain with regards to the foreign trade and to the marketing access through the styleturkish.com, proves that this address would become a reference commerce portal before long through its efforts for becoming a member for the portal.
Style Turkish has been granted the award of “Best Foreign Business Networking Portal”. Authorities of US Internet Marketing Association have stated that they granted this award for Style Turkish because of its global oriented approach for the textile world, for interactive business opportunities that the portal provides and for the quality and range of its contents.
Back in Eastern Turkey, companies in Gaziantep and Malatya have suddenly had the possibility to scroll their visions over to the word scale from the regional one. These cities are dominant in the regional trade at Eastern part of the country. While a garments company in Malatya did not know how to convey its product over to the global markets despite the quality and the flexibility it had acquired for manufacturing, it had entered into the access area of the most important purchasers of the world at a stroke by means of the styleturkish.com.
This situation not only has provided the chance for some companies to meet with the exportation, it serves as intermediator for the companies to meet with the global commerce discipline through exportation as well.
- Gönüllü müsün? 20 hours ago
- Düşler Akademisi Social Inclusion Band, 18 Aralık 2014 Perşembe gecesi Hard Rock İstanbul'da ! #musicforall #sanatciengeltanımaz #duslerakademisi #SocialInclusionBand #THISISHARDROCK #müzik #babylon #roxy #İstanbul "Music For All" sloganıyla yola çıkan Social Inclusion Band, Hard Rock Cafe'deki konserinde sevenleriyle buluşmaya hazırlanıyor. 18 Aralık akşamı keyif dolu muhteşem bir gece için Hard Rock Cafe'de buluşalım. Engelli ve dezavantajlı gençlere yeni bir yolcuğun kapılarını açan Düşler Akademisi Social Inclusion Band ile yetenekli gençleri gönüllü müzisyenlerle bir araya getirmeye devam ediyor. 2010 yılından bu yana Akbank Sanat Caz Festivali, Efes One Love, İstanbul Caz Festivali, Rock'n Coke gibe pek çok önemli festivalde ve Roxy, Ghetto, Otto, Garajİstanbul, Bronx, Babylon gibi pek çok prestijli sahnede yer alan grup Cahit Berkay, Bengü, Şebnem Ferah, Hayko Cepkin, Baba Zula, Luxus, Kolektif İstanbul, Selen Servi ve Güntaç Özdemir gibi birçok müzisyen ve grup ile aynı sahneyi paylaştı. Social Inclusion Band'i sosyal medyada Facebook ve Twitter'dan takip edebilirsiniz. Biletler için: Giriş ücretsizdir. Yer: Hard Rock Cafe, Asmalı Mescit Mh., Meşrutiyet Caddesi No:3, Beyoğlu İStanbul 0(212) 244 6738 Tarih: 18 Aralık 2014- 21:30 Düşler Akademisi: 0 (216) 688 3153 20 hours ago
- "See more posts on"Facebook